Apprenticeship Level 6 (Optional)
Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands the company's customer base and ensuring its strong presence in the market. Managing a team of sales representatives, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring will all be a major part of the role.
The CPD Group fully and strongly believes that learning should be a life-long process and that no matter where in the world a person is based, they should have easy access to professionally accredited CPD for their own benefit, the companies or organisations they work for and for those who they learn from and with.
With that in mind our ever-growing company is seeking to hire a Sales Manager who will be responsible for supervising and organising our sales team. You will be in charge of managing organisational sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with our marketing department on lead generation.
You will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
The duties of the Sales Manager role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Managing organisational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
• Meeting planned sales goals.
• Setting individual sales targets with the sales team.
• Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
• Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
• Coordinating with the marketing department on lead generation.
• The ongoing training of your salespeople.
• Developing your sales team through motivation, counselling and product knowledge education.
• Promoting the organisation and products.
• Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
We couldn’t do what we do for our clients if we didn’t work as a team, so we pride ourselves in achieving things together. Attention to detail is essential and expected from our customers.
Whilst everyone is responsible for their own tasks our teamwork approach means there may be days when you need to lend a helping hand but understand all our team will do the same for you.
- Location: Rothwell, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 1 Hour for Lunch
- Salary: £20-25,000 (+commission & benefits)
- Closing Date: 9th April 2021
- Interview Start Date: 12th April 2021
- Qualifications Required: A*-C (4-9) or equivalent in Maths and English
We really value our people and pride ourselves on our loyal team. This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to become a permanent member of the team and grow with the company.
Things to Consider:
The apprentice will get 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
We work in a listed building with staff from two other ‘sister’ companies.
Whilst we work hard to get ‘stuff done’ we believe in having fun whilst doing it.
The working environment is very casual.
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Experience managing and directing a sales team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to providing great customer service
- Ability to lead a sale team
- Willing to undergo on-going training for personal development
- Experience within the education and training sector is desirable but not essential
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Passionate about what you do
- Confident and personable
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to treat colleagues and clients with respect
- The commitment to complete the apprenticeship programme
- Likes to see a task completed through to the end