Property Maintenance Operative
Apprenticeship Level 2
The primary role of a Property Maintenance Operative is to maintain and optimise the property condition and quality and to ensure the building and surrounding grounds are kept in a safe and functional condition.
Psittacus Systems Ltd and we’re one of the fastest growing bespoke software developers in the UK; that means we design intelligent, cost-effective and intuitive web-based applications that help streamline processes for businesses.
We take a unique approach by fusing traditional and new methods to develop quality software at speed, while retaining our personal touch and fastidious attitude to planning. This post will be based in our Rothwell (Northants) office.
As our apprentice you will be part of a team that ensures we maintain a high customer-focused approach on a daily basis. The successful candidate will support our business through a range of activities, with full guidance and support.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Minor repairs within the property and surrounding gardens and car park
• General decorating duties
• Grounds cleaning (sweeping leaves, litter etc)
• General gardening duties
• Cleaning communal areas
• General office cleaning
• Performing checks on security and fire appliances
• Organising and monitoring Fire Drills
• Understand assess and implement Health and Safety procedures in the workplace
• Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
We couldn’t do what we do for our clients if we didn’t work as a team, so we pride ourselves in achieving things together. Attention to detail is essential and expected from our customers.
Whilst everyone is responsible for their own tasks our teamwork approach means there may be days when you need to lend a helping hand but understand all our team will do the same for you.
- Location: Rothwell, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 1 Hour for Lunch
- Salary: £200 per week
- Qualifications Required: A*-C (4-9) or equivalent in Maths and English
We really value our people and pride ourselves on our loyal team. This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to become a permanent member of the team and grow with the company.
Things to Consider:
The apprentice will get 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
We work in a listed building with staff from two other ‘sister’ companies.
Whilst we work hard to get ‘stuff done’ we believe in having fun whilst doing it.
The working environment is very casual.
- An eye for detail
- Full driving licence (Essential)
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Be smart and presentable
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy varied work
- Be able to think on their feet and problem solve
- Have Good Time management
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Passionate about what you do
- Confident and personable
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to treat colleagues and clients with respect
- The commitment to complete the apprenticeship programme
- Likes to see a task completed through to the end