Learning & Development Consultant
Apprenticeship Level 5
Accountable for the monitoring, review and auditing of high-quality training materials and L&D activities, ensuring they meet the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the related industry and providing a rigorous mapping process to identify potential skills gaps and industry training needs.
Psittacus Systems Ltd and we’re one of the fastest growing bespoke software developers in the UK; that means we design intelligent, cost-effective and intuitive web-based applications that help streamline processes for businesses.
We take a unique approach by fusing traditional and new methods to develop quality software at speed, while retaining our personal touch and fastidious attitude to planning. This post will be based in our Rothwell (Northants) office.
As our apprentice you will be part of a team that ensures we maintain a high customer-focused approach on a daily basis. The successful candidate will support our business through a range of activities, with full guidance and support.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• To keep up with the latest learning practice, trends and emerging thinking.
• Developing customised learning paths and training content to drive individual development.
• Work directly with a large pool of content contributors to provide a mapping service based on the CPD Accreditation guidelines
• Communicate directly with customers and provide detailed reports of the findings of the mapping process
• Manage incoming course reports in relation to content accuracy and suitability while liaising with appropriate stakeholders
• Maintain audit records and spreadsheets
• Working across departments utilising the internal expertise and knowledge of colleagues
• To keep up with the latest changes within the National Occupational Standards (NOS)
• Update online-databases with new customer details
We couldn’t do what we do for our clients if we didn’t work as a team, so we pride ourselves in achieving things together. Attention to detail is essential and expected from our customers.
Whilst everyone is responsible for their own tasks our teamwork approach means there may be days when you need to lend a helping hand but understand all our team will do the same for you.
- Location: Rothwell, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 1 Hour for Lunch
£250 per week Non-Graduate (£7.14 p/h)
£350 per week Graduate (£10.00 p/h)
- Qualifications Required: A*-C (4-9) or equivalent in Maths and English
We really value our people and pride ourselves on our loyal team. This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to become a permanent member of the team and grow with the company.
Things to Consider:
The apprentice will get 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
We work in a listed building with staff from two other ‘sister’ companies.
Whilst we work hard to get ‘stuff done’ we believe in having fun whilst doing it.
The working environment is very casual.
- An eye for detail
- Professional and approachable manner
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Be smart and presentable
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to think on their feet and problem solve
- Have good time management
- A passion for speaking to new people
- A desire to develop new skills
- A solution orientated approach to problems
- A highly organised approach to your work
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Passionate about what you do
- Confident and personable
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to treat colleagues and clients with respect
- The commitment to complete the apprenticeship programme
- Likes to see a task completed through to the end