Digital Support Technician
Apprenticeship Level 3
We are looking for a competent, motivated and ambitious Digital Support Technician to support our external customers and clients through a wide variety of digital channels, to help them access and receive services, to coach and support them in their use of the digital systems. You will also be responsible for diagnosing and resolving their problems in relation to their access to and use of the digital technologies.
Psittacus Systems Ltd and we’re one of the fastest growing bespoke software developers in the UK; that means we design intelligent, cost-effective and intuitive web-based applications that help streamline processes for businesses.
We take a unique approach by fusing traditional and new methods to develop quality software at speed, while retaining our personal touch and fastidious attitude to planning. This post will be based in our Rothwell (Northants) office.
As our apprentice you will be part of a team that ensures we maintain a high customer-focused approach on a daily basis. The successful candidate will support our business through a range of activities, with full guidance and support.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Apply relevant digital technologies effectively to achieve Support Team objectives
• Monitor and operate complex digital information and intelligence systems
• Respond to user enquiries
• Maintain data, digital resources and data systems
• Communicate effectively though digital channels
• Learn through digital resources
• Work as a member of a team
• Identifying and responding to customer queries
• Work with Senior Management Team to escalate support enquiries, where appropriate
• Coaching customers through support responses in system usage
• Maintain an awareness of current, emerging and fringe digital technologies
We couldn’t do what we do for our clients if we didn’t work as a team, so we pride ourselves in achieving things together. Attention to detail is essential and expected from our customers.
Whilst everyone is responsible for their own tasks our teamwork approach means there may be days when you need to lend a helping hand but understand all our team will do the same for you.
- Location: Rothwell, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 1 Hour for Lunch
- Salary: £200 per week
- Qualifications Required: A*-C (4-9) or equivalent in Maths and English
We really value our people and pride ourselves on our loyal team. This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to become a permanent member of the team and grow with the company.
Things to Consider:
The apprentice will get 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
We work in a listed building with staff from two other ‘sister’ companies.
Whilst we work hard to get ‘stuff done’ we believe in having fun whilst doing it.
The working environment is very casual.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- IT skills (Strong Word and Excel skills)
- Able to work well as a team and by themselves
- Strong work ethic
- Be able to multi- task and work with several support enquiries simultaneously
- Ability to manage a large number of support enquiries
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Passionate about what you do
- Confident and personable
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to treat colleagues and clients with respect
- The commitment to complete the apprenticeship programme
- Likes to see a task completed through to the end